Terms & Conditions
Note – “You” = The Client “We/Us” = Fish&Pips
1. The cost of your holiday includes:
i) 7 nights accommodation
ii) Those services and 6 days breakfast and evening meals described on the website (catered holidays only)
2. The price of the holiday does not include:
i) Flights or travel to France
ii) Transfers to and from resort (although we can assist you to arrange transfers from airports and stations local to the resort)*
iii) Holiday and medical insurance, (please see condition 14)*
iv) Lift passes*
v) Ski hire*
viii) Dinner on staff day off
3. The person who signs the booking form is liable for that booking and compliance with these terms and conditions, and for ensuring that all other persons who are named on the booking form also comply with these terms and conditions.
4. A non-refundable deposit of 25% is required for all holidays. This must be paid in Sterling for catered holidays and EUR for self-catered and serviced holidays. The booking is not deemed to exist until the funds, or credit card payment, has reached our bank account, when your booking becomes secure.
5. Confirmation of your booking and of receipt of deposit will be via email unless otherwise requested.
6. Full payment is due 10 weeks prior to your arrival in resort (or on booking for all bookings made less than 8 weeks prior to your arrival). This must be paid in Sterling by bank transfer or cheque payable to Fish and Pips Ltd, Fern Bank, Abinger Lane, Abinger Common, Surrey RH5 7JF immediately on receipt of notice of payment being due.
7. If full payment is not received within 10 days of notice of payment being due, the booking will be cancelled and you will lose your deposit
8. The chalet must be booked in full. All beds in the chalet must be paid for, even when booking for a group less than 8. Note empty bed discount applies. In some instances when pre-agreed at booking, rooms can be booked individually.
9. Cancellation more than 10 weeks prior to arrival will result in the loss of your deposit.
10. Cancellation less than 10 weeks prior to arrival will result in loss of full payment unless the chalet can be filled. If we are able to rent the chalet you will be refunded the equivalent of the replacement rental charge.
11. All self-catered bookings must provide credit card details on arrival to cover any damages to the chalet by the guests that week.
12. Tourist tax (Tax de Sejour) is not included in all self-catered and serviced bookings. This will be invoiced in resort at the end of your stay. (Note tourist tax is only payable for occupants over 18 and rates vary depending on the property (app 2.35 EUR per night)
13. Exchange rate: The prices quoted on the Ski Fish and Pips website have been calculated at a rate of € 1.15 to £1. We reserve the right to alter the cost of the holiday in case of significant exchange rate fluctuations of the £ Sterling and Euro exchange markets and to pass on such increased costs to the client.
14. Insurance: You represent and warrant that you have comprehensive holiday insurance including cancellation, medical, winter sports and third party insurance. All personal belongings of the client and ski equipment hired by the client, are the sole responsibility of the client. Subject to clause 19 we accept no responsibility for loss or damage howsoever arising.
15. Damage by the client to the chalet and its grounds must be paid for at the time of the incident.
16. The terms of your booking and any claim relating to it, the provision of services to you by Fish and Pips and/or its staff and any other matter arising out of this contract or your holiday will be governed by English Law, and shall fall within the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Subject to clause 20, any liability of Fish and Pips will be limited to the value of any payments already received by Fish and Pips from the claimant at the date of claim.
17. If you are unable to occupy the accommodation in circumstances where we are not at fault or in the event of force majeure (including war, civil unrest or civil strife) we are not under any obligation to offer you a refund
18. If we have to cancel your booking due to matters beyond our control, such as force majeure – including war, civil strife and inclement weather – we will not be able to offer a refund.
19. We cannot be held responsible for any delays you incur whilst travelling to resort.
20. Nothing in this agreement is intended to exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence or for loss arising from negligent misrepresentation or fraud.
21. The accommodation will be held between the dates agreed at the time of booking only. Your chalet will be available from 4pm on the agreed arrival date until 10am on the agreed departure date. We may on request be able to permit earlier access or late departures but are not able to guarantee this.
22. No pets are permitted.
23. Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the chalets.
24. You agree that our maximum liability in relation to your booking and any claims arising from or in connection with it shall be limited to the amount of the full payment made by you for the booking, and that we shall not be liable for consequential loss, or loss of profit, opportunity or enjoyment
25. We have tried to be entirely accurate will all information given, but, subject to clause 20, cannot be held responsible for inaccuracies. If there are any changes we will notify at the time of the booking.