Experience two of our stunning hotels with this coast to countryside itinerary in Portugal.
Price for two people is €1,950
Explore an extraordinary region of Portugal, the Alentejo, with its best preserved landscapes of stretches of sand, rice fields, and smooth rolling hills, dotted with cork oaks and tiny medieval villages. Home to a singular way of life, experience the area more deeply, from coastline to inland, with local insights on Comporta’s nature reserve, its pristine beaches, rice and fishing culinary delights, but also on Monsaraz heritage, from its megalithic monuments to its long standing tradition in winemaking and in simple mouthwatering food.
1. First stop – Sublime Comporta
Just one hour from Lisbon, nestled on a stunning 16-hectares estate, surrounded by undulating umbrella pines and cork trees, sand dunes, vineyards, rice fields and over 60 km of white-sand beaches is Sublime Comporta. Here, a breathtaking natural environment comes together with the elegance of contemporary architecture and achieves the perfect balance between design, comfort and respect for nature and its surroundings. Absolutely unique in its offer, this is the place where one is able to experience all that is still authentic and genuine in Portugal – living with the locals and feeling the rhythm of “slow living”. It is the perfect fusion between the beauty of natural surroundings and the simplicity of its architecture, Sublime Comporta pays homage to the best of Portugal.
View Sublime Comporta here
What’s Included at Sublime Comporta (for 2 people):
- 2 Nights accommodation in a Suite (double occupancy).
- Welcome drink and VIP in the room upon arrival.
- Full daily buffet breakfast including local products.
- 1 Dinner at Sem Porta restaurant (Here the chef uses regional products and works in partnership with local fishermen and producers favoring fresh and organic products).
- Horse Riding on the beach and in the rice fields.
Recommended experiences (not included in the price):
- Guided Tour through theirOrganic Garden.
- Wine Tasting – A Journey through the Region of Setúbal.
- Sublime Massage (60 min) at Sublime Spa.
2. Next Up – São Lourenço do Barrocal
Located in Alentejo, Portugal, in the foothills of the medieval Monsaraz and very close to the big lake Alqueva, São Lourenço do Barrocal is an old farming village (a ‘monte alentejano’), carefully rejuvenated as a luxury hotel, in the midst of centuries-old vineyards, holm oaks and olive trees. Within a 780-hectare estate, owned by the same family for 200 years, it continues to thrive as an agricultural property, producing certified organic cattle, fruits and vegetables, olive oil and wine. It comprises an on-site winery, two farm-to-table restaurants, a farm shop and a spa by the Austrian organic cosmetics brand Susanne Kaufmann. It also has two outdoor pools, orchard, organic garden, stables and riding ring, and a diverse range of activities. Member of “The Leading Hotels of the World”.
View São Lourenço do Barrocal here.
What’s Included at São Lourenço do Barrocal (for 2 people)
- 2 Nights accommodation in a Courtyard Room (double occupancy) with an upgrade to a Farm Room (upon availability).
- Welcome loose-leaf tea made with herbs from the garden and regional pastry.
- Daily farm breakfast and WiFi included.
- 1 Dinner at the hotel’s farm-to-table restaurant with organic ingredients from the estate.
- 1 Wine tasting (5 wines) at the on-site winery.
- Mountain bicycles to explore the marked trails.
- Archaeological Guided Visit to the Estate.
- Picnic in the Meadow.
- Hot Air Ballon Ride.
- Ethnobotanical Walk in the Property.
- Horseback Ride.
- Guided Visit to Monsaraz with Local Historian.
- Susanne Kaufmann Spa Treatment.
The Small print
- The above package is valid until the end of 2021 (except Special Dates, like Christmas, New Year, Valentine’s Day, Easter and Holidays).
- All offers are subject to availability and confirmation by the hotels and are not combinable with other promotions or special conditions.
- All rates are inclusive of taxes.
- All transfers can be organised by us and should be booked at time of reservation and are subject to an extra cost.
- All of the activities must be booked at time of reservation in order to ensure availability.
- Reservations may be secured by credit card and can be canceled or changed for free up to 7 days before noon (12:00) on the first day of your reservation. If you cancel your reservation later, 50% of the stay will be charged. Cancellations received after 2 pm (hotels local time), 48 hours before the scheduled arrival date will incur a 100% penalty; in case of no show, stay will be charged in full.
- There are many other options of activities that you can add to the stay according to preferences. Please don’t hesitate to ask us.