We headed back to Val d’Isère to revisit our carefully crafted collection of hotels there, as well as viewing some potential new additions to our portfolio. After running chalets here for 8 years we know this resort like the back of our hand and it is safe to say that our visit certainly did not disappoint. We were greeted by an abundance of snow, friendly faces and experienced a wonderful stay in our partner Hotel Les Barmes de L’Ours.
Things that we loved about the Les Barmes de L’Ours:
- It is great for a family escape. It feels larger vs other hotels in Val d’Isère but this makes it more spacious for the whole family to be entertained.
- The location is excellent. It is in a privileged situation at the foot of the Face de Bellevarde so ski in ski out. Of course if you do not end up skiing in then their driver service will come and collect you from where you end up.
- The facilities for children and teenagers are amazing. There is a whole variety of different games rooms to entertain the youngest to the oldest of children and of course the adults too. For the little ones there is a room full of toys and life sized teddies. This room is open all day and in the school holidays it is supervised between 4-9pm to allow for some adult only time if desired. For the older members there is a snooker table, table tennis table, bowling alley (!), arcade games, table football, pinball and plenty of space to independently roam.
- The spa is tranquil and luxurious – We felt like new ladies after a quick half an hour in the spa and 20 lengths of the pool later. It is equipped with a sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, swimming pool and of course numerous treatment rooms.
- The gym is spacious and hosts plenty of equipment. It is the biggest gym out of any of our Alps hotels and we thoroughly enjoyed our pre breakfast work out building up an appetite.
- If it wasn’t quite so snowy, the views out of our bedroom would have been of beautiful mountain landscape right across Val d’Isère.
- The staff were all very friendly and welcoming. From offering us a lift to view other hotels to introducing us to almost every member of the team. They went over and above with a smile.
- The beds were super comfy with crisp white linen and perfect pillows. We slept like logs.
- The turn down service was great
- Breakfast! A buffet full of your breakfast dreams! Think of what you would like for breakfast – it is there.
- The lounge and bar area are relaxing with a cosy yet vibrant vibe and is the perfect place for a pre-dinner cocktail.
Things to make note of:
- Each of the 4 floors of the hotel has a different theme, we can advise which rooms you might prefer based on your taste. The first floor is Scandinavian (think white washed walls , the second floor is American lodge (think darker cabin style wood), the third is alpine chalet (lighter more rustic) and the top floor is contemporary (Alpine themed with a splash of colour).
- If you are a fan of seafood then head to the restaurant La Rôtisserie on a Wednesday night as they put on a seafood buffet.
- If Michelin-starred is more your thing then head to La Table de l’Ours where chef Antoine Gras uses local ingredients to create a range of culinary delights. If you choose to go half board you will also be able to book an evening dining here included.
- If you are in need of some additional pampering then you can head to the in house hairdresser for a touch up!
- Val D’Isere is a premium ski resort so be prepared to see the food, drink and hotel prices reflect that.
- The hotels low season prices start from €335 B&B or €445 half board (per room, per night and the high season price start from €675 B&B or €785 half board (per room, per night)
Find out more about this gorgeous hotel here or get in touch with Gemma or Philippa on +44 (0) 1306 26400 or via our contact us form for more info on the Brames de L’Ours or let them steer you to the property that will be best for you.