Travel to us by Train, Car or Air
Read on to find out about all things travel related, lets make your journey to us as smooth as possible!
Transfers from the airport
We work with the best transfer companies in Méribel to get you from A to B. When you book with us we will also recommend the best option for you and your group as part of our pre holiday care service.
3 Valley Vans
+33 (0)678 993 174, email@example.com
They offer private transfers from the four major airports: Geneva, Chambery, Lyon and Grenoble – available 24hours 7 days a week. They have no charges for any flight delays. You have sole use of the vehicle so there is no waiting for other passengers.
They also provide great shared transfers from Geneva and Chambery. These are designed to keep costs down by sharing the transfer with different groups or individuals arriving at a similar time to you. Their Shared Transfers are suited to party sizes if you want to keep the costs down and don’t mind sharing the vehicle. Any size group can benefit from a shared transfer.
Weekday Shared Transfers
|Arriving in Geneva @ 9am or 6.30pm||Leaving Geneva @ 1pm or 8pm|
Weekend Shared Transfers
|Arriving in Geneva @ 9am, 12pm or 6.30pm||Leaving Geneva @ 10.30am, 1pm or 8pm|
Arriving in Chambery @ 8am, 10.45am and 5.15pm
|Leaving Chambery @ 11.45am, 2.15pm and 9pm|
3 Vallée Transfers
We have worked with 3 Vallée Transfers for several years now, and they continually provide a superbly reliable and professional approach to airport transfers. Unlike many agencies selling transfers via the internet, they do not contract out your transfers to any other transport companies, so can guarantee your vehicle’s quality and your driver’s professionalism.
3VT are the largest provider of private airport transfers within the Three Valleys. All of their vehicles are new each season; are 4×4 and fully air-conditioned. You’re assured of a smart, clean and safe ride every time. Complimentary child seats are provided on request.
Snow Drone Transfers
+33 (0) 6 16 52 31 14, firstname.lastname@example.org
At SnowDrone Transfers the ethos is to provide a transfer that forms part of the holiday rather than signalling the start (or indeed the end) of it, thus setting the tone for your holiday. This is done by bringing you a luxury yet affordable door-to-door airport transfer service. Operating from their bases in Courchevel they offer a slick and friendly service which includes a WiFi hotspot powered by 4G; two mounted iPads packed full of entertainment for the whole family; headphones for listening to an iPad or your own device; USB charging port for every seat with cables available for smartphones; neck pillows and chilled bottled water in the onboard cool boxes.
G’Taxi – Taxi Service in Méribel and airport transfers
G’Taxi provide a safe and reliable airport transfer service to Méribel, Courchevel and the Three Valleys.
As well as ski resorts they also cover all cities in the French Alps and provide transfers to and from the airports of Geneva, Lyon, Grenoble and Chambery, plus the train stations at Chambery, Geneva, Grenoble, Lyon and Moutiers.
G’Taxi provide an English-speaking service and all vehicles are equipped with 4 wheel drive for your safety and comfort on snowy roads.
|TRAIN STATION||TRANSFER TIME|
Travel by Train
Our travel option of choice! Please read all of the benefits of travelling by train here, it isn’t just your carbon footprint that benefits.
There are a couple of options when travelling by train:
- On Saturdays you are able to take the train direct from London St Pancras to Moutiers. This leaves around 10am and arrives in Moutiers at a civilised 5pm, only 25 minutes from Méribel.
- On Friday evenings you are able to take the night train from London St Pancras to Moutiers. This arrives early on Saturday morning, giving you an extra day skiing.
Try the following for enquiries and ticket purchase:
- Eurostar +44 (0) 8432 186 186 www.eurostar.com
- Rail Bookers +44 (0) 8444 821 020 www.railbookers.com
- Rail Europe +44 (0) 8448 484 064 www.raileurope.com
- Trainline app or website www.thetrainline.com
Alternatively you can use the Snow Carbon Journey Planner to help you plan your journey by train.
Unlike rail company websites, the Snowcarbon Journey Planner:
- shows journey schedules up to one year in advance
- makes it easy for skiers to view and compare journey options, with optional date filtering
- gives a summary of transfer times from station to resort, with links to train guides and how to change in Paris easily
Check out the journey planner here for Méribel
Travel by Air
Geneva, Lyon, Chambery and Grenoble airports are all within a reasonable distance of Méribel. Some of the main airlines to try are:
- Ski Flights – www.ski-flights.com – Flights from all major UK airports to Geneva, Lyon, Grenoble and Chambery
- British Airways – www.britishairways.com – Flights from all major UK airports to Geneva
- FlyBe – www.flybe.com – Flights from a number of UK airports to Chambery
- Jet2 – www.jet2.com – Flights from a number of UK airports to Chambery
- Easyjet – www.easyjet.com – Flights from all major UK airports to Geneva and Lyon
We can help you arrange a private or shared transfer to Méribel from whichever airport you choose.
Travel By Car
There is a strong case for travelling by car – loading your bags, children and kitchen sink in at one end without the risk of losing a beloved teddy bear or treasured pair of ski boots on the carousel at the airport! Ferry crossings are regular, as are the Channel Tunnel crossings.
- Le Shuttle +44 (0) 8443 353 535 www.eurotunnel.com
- P&O Ferries +44 (0) 8706 002 002 www.posl.com
- Norfolk Line +44 (0) 8448 475 042 www.norfolkline.com
- A Ferry – a price comparison website for the ferry market www.aferry.co.uk
- Brittany Ferries +44 (0) 8712 440 744 www.brittany-ferries.co.uk
It is approximately 9 hours from Calais to Méribel, and it is often a good idea to break up the journey by staying somewhere en route. We’re more than happy to help with advice on where to stay. The tolls will cost about 75€ in total each way. Please leave plenty of time, especially during peak times, when traffic towards the Savoyard resorts gets very busy. There is only one road servicing both the Three Valleys, as well as other resorts.
If you are driving to the Alps you must abide by French driving laws by making sure your car is equipped with various items including high vis vest, bulbs, triangles.
Recommended places to stay en route
- Formule 1 – www.hotelformule1.com – if you are looking for somewhere to just lay your head that is clean and easily accessible then the F1 hotels are the one!
- Alistair Sawdays – www.sawdays.co.uk – a selection of carefully sourced and special places to stay across France
- Chateau Tanay – www.chateau-tanay.com – Clare stayed here recently and she highly recommends it! £80 a night for a double room
Our Méribel chalets have plenty of private parking, either outside or underground, or in nearby free parking in the centre of the Village.
When driving to the Alps snow chains are advisable although the routes are cleared regularly and you should get in without. Try www.halfords.com for your 6 piece winter essential kit!
Chains are a legal requirement in snowy conditions. Snow Chains provide everything you will need.