Fish&Pips COVID-19 Additional Terms
The following Terms are supplementary to and do not replace (unless where stated) the Fish & Pips Booking Conditions. Where you make a booking with us, these Terms and the main Booking Conditions form the basis of your contract with Fish and Pips Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number: 05837074 and registered office address of 264 High Street, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 1DZ.
Please note: the following Terms are only applicable where you make a single service booking with us, where we are acting as principal (where you have booked a catered or self-catered chalet with us). They do not apply to Package bookings made with us, or bookings made with us where we are acting as Agent. Please read these Terms alongside Section A and Section C of our Booking Conditions.
These Terms represent your sole rights in relation to cancellations due to the Coronavirus disease pandemic (COVID-19). Where you exercise a right under these Terms, you are not entitled to any compensation. Where there is a conflict between the Terms contained within and our Booking Conditions, these Terms will prevail and the following clauses within our Booking Conditions will be read as amended in accordance with these Terms:
- Clause 5 – Events Beyond Our Control
- Clause 26 – If You Change or Cancel your Single Service Booking
- Clause 27 – If We Change or Cancel Your Single Service Booking
Adequate travel insurance is a condition of your contract with us. Your insurance policy must include provisions relating to COVID-19, covering you for the following situations:
- Where you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 before departure and are no longer able to travel;
- Where you have been in contact with someone that has been diagnosed with COVID-19 and you need to self-isolate, preventing you from travelling;
- Where you have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace and you are required to self-isolate, preventing you from travelling;
- You are required to quarantine after returning from another destination, preventing you from travelling with us;
- You have been diagnosed with Covid-19 during your holiday or have otherwise been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed and you are now required to self-isolate. Your insurance policy should cover you for repatriation where necessary, emergency medical expenses abroad and additional costs of accommodation and/or transport if you need to self-isolate whilst abroad.
2. COVID-19 Refund Policy
This policy will apply to all bookings made for the 20-21 winter season, we will notify you at the time of booking that your booking is subject to these Terms, and your confirmation invoice will contain these Terms. For all bookings already made with us, we will notify you if your booking is a Qualifying Booking and these Terms will be sent to you.
This Refund Policy will only apply pre-departure. You are not entitled to the benefits of this Refund Policy where you curtail your holiday after departure; please see our Booking Conditions for further information.
You are required to pay the full balance 10 weeks before departure.
Should you wish to cancel your booking for any COVID-19 related reason (the details of which are provided below) before you have paid the remainder of the balance, the full deposit you have paid shall become a voucher to use for a future booking with us.
Should you wish to cancel your booking or are otherwise prevented from travelling due any COVID-19 related reason after you have paid the full balance, we will refund you the balance in full but the deposit will remain a voucher to use for a future booking with us.
If payment in full has not been received by us by the due date, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you and we will retain the deposit paid and in this case, the deposit will not become a voucher to use for a future booking.
A COVID-19 related reason will be determined by us at our absolute discretion, but can include any of the following, if these scenarios affect the travel arrangements you have booked with us prior to departure:
- If the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (or the equivalent government body of your country of origin) advise against travel (including non-essential travel) to your destination;
- If you are required to quarantine upon arrival to your destination, due to the laws and regulations of the relevant government in that country;
- If you are required to quarantine upon return from the resort destination, due to the laws and regulations of the relevant government of your country of origin;
- If the chalet or ski resort you have booked with us has been forced to close due the laws and regulations of the relevant Government in that country, as well as any other local or public authority;
- If the destination you are travelling to has closed its borders or is otherwise denying entry to visitors;
- Where the government of your country of origin has implemented a local lockdown in your place of residence, which prevents you from travelling.
How to cancel: You may only cancel due to a COVID-19 related reason within 7 days prior to your arrival date and you must notify us of your cancellation and the reason via email: email@example.com. Any cancellation will only be effective when we receive it in writing via email.
Please note: Should one or member of a party cancel as a COVID-19 related reason has prevented them travelling but the other members are not prevented from travelling, it may increase the per person price for the accommodation of those still travelling and you will be liable to this increase.
4. Voucher Terms
All vouchers issued are for all ski chalet bookings and for selective bookings to our partner hotels, villas and hideaways (above £5,000 in value) only and are not chalet specific. The following terms will apply to your voucher:
- It is valid until the end of the following winter season (April 2022).
- It will only be valid for future ski chalet bookings and for selective bookings to our partner hotels, villas and hideaways (above £5,000 in value) and are not chalet specific.
- It cannot be resold, transferred for value or exchanged or cash.
- The person who is named on the voucher must redeem it, this will be the first named person on the booking.
- Where the voucher is used to make a new booking that is then subsequently cancelled for whatever reason, any refund due to you will firstly be refunded back via credit onto the voucher up to the value of the initial voucher.
- We will not be responsible for any voucher that is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission.