Steeped in ancient history and myth, Cyprus is an island of sun drenched beaches, mountainous landscapes, exotic cuisine, basking in a glorious Mediterranean climate.
We love that the summer season here is long and runs from March through to November, with even the winter months in Paphos being very pleasant too. This makes it the ideal destination to catch some sunshine either early or later in the year, as well as during the summer months. Archeological evidence from its colourful past from Neolithic times, through to Phoenician, Byzantine, Venetian and Ottoman rule, lies everywhere, with well-preserved Roman mosaics in Paphos, to the cliff top amphitheatre at Kourion and ruins at Vouni. This has left a marked cultural trail across the island, with a wine making tradition going back centuries – a day or two winding through the foothills of the Troodos Mountains through vineyards and cellar tours should definitely be on your itinerary. Here, you’ll also find dramatic gorges and pretty little villages with frescoed churches and monasteries. The culinary scene in Cyprus has a starring part, influenced by Middle Eastern, Greek and Turkish culture. Sharing a plate of meze is one of the best ways to discover the island’s flavours, with creamy humous, deliciously salty local haloumi, and the sweet taste of baklava, local pistachios and almonds. The island has a relaxed vibe, with the Cypriot people being warm and friendly – their welcoming hospitality being a longstanding tradition.
Our collection in Cyprus:
We have chosen these properties in Cyprus as they are perfect for enjoying a holiday out of the peak Summer months. They both offer five-star luxury, a plethora of activities and experiences, excellent childcare and mouthwatering Mediterranean cuisine. Head to the Anassa for a more exclusive experience.
- It is the ideal all year round holiday destination with incredible weather.
- Cypriot hospitality is legendary – The island is known for being home to some of the world’s friendliest and most hospitable people.
- The food is delightful – If you like halloumi you will love it here! Think freshly caught seafood, mezze, olives, kebabs and delicious pastries.
- Overflowing with unique history and culture – It has one of the oldest histories dating as far back as 1100 BC. The island is divided into the northern Turkish side and southern Greek side contributing to its rich cultural heritage.
- The beautiful beaches – They have been awarded the cleanest in Europe and are a true slice of paradise with crystal clear waters and sun-soaked stretches of sand.
- A surplus of outside activities – At the coast there is every water sport that you could wish for including diving, whilst inland you can hike, bike and even ski.
- Peaceful and laidback – With long sunny days in a stress-free atmosphere and beautiful surroundings.
- It is quirky – with its own unique species of sheep.
Why book with us?
• All of our properties are visited, approved and loved by The Fish and The Pips
• Our destinations and portfolio match our values – excellently located, owner led, friendly and professional service, and delicious food
• Our team of experts will build a completely unique, curated holiday for you
• Experience the full Fish&Pips concierge service from start to finish with our insider’s advice and tips