Fish&Pips Job Descriptions
Here is a little bit about working for Fish&Pips, some job descriptions and how to apply, we still have vacancies for 2012-13 so do get in touch!
Notice: 03 Sept 2013
We are now fully recruited for chalet hosts and drivers for the season 2013-14. We are still accepting chef applications but do hurry as we dont have many spots left!
If you looking for a chef position that will look great on your CV, gives you plenty of ski time, a chance to explore your culinary skills, work in a small team and ski in one of the finest ski resorts in the World - Meribel or Val d'Isère - come and join the Fish & Pips team next winter!
We are fanatical about food. We have brought out our own cookbook and proudly won The Times Chalet Chef 2010 award.
We cater to a high level and strive to wow guests with chalet food that knocks the socks off most. Only employing chefs with restaurant or fine cuisine experience we feel it's important to give you free reign to design your own menu which can change as little or often as you like. Whilst you need to be competent in the kitchen and passionate about food you will also have shop to a budget, cater for all ages and dietary requirements, and keep chalet accounts on a weekly basis. You will have a great deal of guest interaction and also be prepared to cook in an open kitchen. Enthusiasm for skiing or snowboarding or wanting to learn is essential.
As a proactive member of the team, you will prepare a full breakfast, afternoon tea, canapés and a 4-course evening meal six days per week.
Qualifications and/or previous experience in the preparation of fine cuisine is essential.
Much like our chef positions the hosting role is one which gives plenty of ski time, a chance to meet a variety of interesting people, work in a small team and ski in the one of the World's finest resorts. Come and join Fish&Pips as a host this season!
At Fish&Pips we pride ourselves on our exceptional food, friendly yet professional service and superb chalet location.
As a proactive member of the team, your responsibilities will include the day to day cleaning and running of the chalet, helping in the kitchen and other chalets if necessary, serving breakfast and dinner 6 days a week and generally hosting the guests. Enthusiasm for food, working with people, skiing or snowboarding or wanting to learn is essential.
If this is a position you are looking for and think we sound like a company you'd like to work with then do get in touch. Hurry, we only have a small number of positions to fill!
As a proactive member of the team, your responsibilities will include providing a shuttle service for guests in mornings and early evenings, being responsible for the maintenance of the chalets and hot tubs, stock taking, snow clearing etc. You will work closely with the Meribel Resort Manager so teamwork is essential as well as being able to work on your own, taking initiative where appropriate and having great time management skills. You will have a great deal of guest interaction so must have excellent client facing skills. Enthusiasm for skiing or snowboarding or wanting to learn is essential. Clean driving license required.
Our Driver position for 2012-13 is now filled but watch this space for opportunities when we re-open recruitment for 2013-14.
The Resort Manager oversees the smooth running of all day to day operations. Ensuring food quality is maintained, budgets are adhered to and accounts inputted. The RM regularly checks the high standards of cleanliness and service in all of the Fish & Pips chalets. The Resort Manager is also the first port of call for both staff and guests. The ideal candidate for this job must have relevant ski season experience and be able to converse in French.
- Oversee the Fish&Pips operation in Val d'Isère or Meribel
- Oversee weekly chalet budgets and resort budgets
- Make weekly checks on all chalets to ensure standards are being maintained
- Work alongside Holly Fisher and the Meribel / Val d'Isère Resort Manager
- Maximise communication between resort and UK office to ensure smooth running of the resort
- Maintaining and developing supplier relations in resort
- Overseeing arrivals & departures on changeover day
- Developing and maintaining relationships with guests from week to week through regular chalet visits, being on hand to book ski lessons, make restaurant bookings etc
- Holding weekly resort meetings for your team of staff
- Completing all paperwork efficiently and accurately including weekly accounts returns
- Ensuring that all members of your team are carrying out their roles with efficiency and to the high Fish&Pips standards
- Staff welfare - organizing ski lessons, outings and events
We are firm believers in looking after your staff and that a happy team makes for happy guests! We therefore think providing the following is essential:
- Three Valley / Espace Killy season pass
- Generous staff accommodation with UK TV and wifi
- A competitive package
- More skiing time than most - up to 6 days per week
- Free reign in the kitchen with a generous food budget
- Numerous other perks you get from working in small team such as ours.
Most importantly we are looking to build a team that works well together both in the chalets and out on the slopes. Six years of experience has proved to us that this team work is key to the success not only of Fish&Pips but also your season. We are looking for a hard-working team to maintain our high standards with masses of enthusiasm for the job in hand, a love for the mountains, an eye for detail and a professional attitude. We value our staff hugely as we recognise they are fundamental in ensuring all of our guests enjoy every aspect of their holiday.
To apply contact Clare at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and Menu Plan if applying for a Chef role.