Travel by Air, Car or Train
Travel by Private or Shared Transfer
Fish & Pips Transfers Fish & Pips are currently operating transfers from Grenoble, Lyon, Chambery and Moutiers (Not Geneva). Our Fish and Pips transfer service aims to offer cheaper transfers for our clients. Please email Lucy, the Concierge Manager, for a quote firstname.lastname@example.org.
We work closely with the best transfer companies in Meribel.
3 Vallee Transfers – Meribel
We have worked with 3 Vallee Transfers for several years now; they continually provide a superbly reliable and professional approach to airport transfers. Unlike many agencies selling transfers via the internet, they do not contract out your transfers to any other transport companies, so can guarantee your vehicle’s quality and your driver’s professionalism.
3VT are the largest provider of private airport transfers within the 3 Vallées. All of their vehicles are new each season, are 4×4 and fully air-conditioned. You’re assured of a smart, clean and safe ride every time. Complimentary child seats are provided where necessary.
Snow Drone Transfers
+33 (0) 6 16 52 31 14
At SnowDrone Transfers the ethos is to provide a transfer that forms part of the holiday rather than signalling the start (or indeed the end) of it thus setting the tone for your holiday. This is done by bringing you a luxury yet affordable door-to-door airport transfer service. Operating from their bases in Courchevel they offer a slick and friendly service which includes a WiFi hotspot powered by 4G, two mounted iPads packed full of entertainment for the whole family, headphones for listening to an iPad or your own device, USB charging port for every seat with cables available for smartphones, neck pillows and chilled bottled water in the onboard cool boxes.
Ben’s Bus run ski transfers to Meribel from Geneva Airport and Lyon Airport every Saturday and Sunday from only £69.50pp Return. From Grenoble Airport they have a direct service to Moutiers, from where you can get a private taxi or public bus up to Meribel. They run every Saturday and Sunday and the price to Moutiers is £72.80pp Return.
They have English and French speaking reps at the airport and in resort to ensure you get on the coach without any problems. Spaces are limited so it is advised to book early at www.bensbus.co.uk.
|TRAIN STATION||TRANSFER TIME|
TAXI SERVICE MERIBEL:
G’Taxi provide a safe and reliable airport transfer service to Meribel, Courchevel and the Three Valleys.
As well as ski resorts they also cover all cities in the French Alps and provide transfers to and from the airports of Geneva, Lyon, Grenoble and Chambery, plus the train stations at Chambery, Geneva, Grenoble, Lyon and Moutiers.
G’Taxi provide an English-speaking service and all vehicles are equipped with 4 wheel drive for your safety and comfort on snowy roads.
Travel by Air
Geneva, Lyon, Chambery and Grenoble airports are all within a reasonable distance of Meribel. Some of the main airlines to try are:
- Ski Flights – www.ski-flights.com – Flights from all major UK airports to Geneva, Lyon, Grenoble and Chambery
- British Airways – www.britishairways.com – Flights from all major UK airports to Geneva
- FlyBe – www.flybe.com – Flights from a number of UK airports to Chambery
- Jet2 – www.jet2.com – Flights from a number of UK airports to Chambery
- Easyjet – www.easyjet.com – Flights from all major UK airports to Geneva and Lyon
We can help you arrange a private or shared transfer to both Meribel from whichever airport you choose.
Travel By Car
There is a strong case for travelling by car – loading your bags, children and kitchen sink in at one end without the risk of losing a beloved teddy bear or treasured pair of ski boots on the carousel at the airport! Ferry crossings are regular, as are the Channel Tunnel crossings.
- Le Shuttle +44 (0) 8443 353 535 www.eurotunnel.com
- P&O Ferries +44 (0) 8706 002 002 www.posl.com
- Norfolk Line +44 (0) 8448 475 042 www.norfolkline.com
- A Ferry – a price comparison website for the ferry market www.aferry.co.uk
- Brittany Ferries +44 (0) 8712 440 744 www.brittany-ferries.co.uk
It is approximately 9 hours from Calais to Meribel. Often guests have stayed somewhere en route to break up the journey, please ask us for advice on where to stay. The tolls will cost about 75€ in total each way. Please note that at peak times traffic towards the Savoyard resorts gets very busy as one road services both the Three Valleys as well as other resorts so leave plenty of time.
If you are driving to the Alps you will need to abide by French driving laws by purchasing various items for your car journey (high vis vest, bulbs, triangles).
Recommended places to stay en route
- Formule 1 – www.hotelformule1.com – if you are looking for somewhere to just lay your head that is clean and easily accessible then the F1 hotels are the one!
- Alistair Sawdays – www.sawdays.co.uk – a selection of carefully sourced and special places to stay across France
- Chateau Tanay – www.chateau-tanay.com – Clare stayed here recently and she highly recommends it! £80 a night for a double room (N.B – they are currently closed for a refurb and reopen on 11/04/2019).
Our Meribel chalets have plenty of private parking outside the chalets or in nearby free parking in the centre of the Village.
When driving to the Alps snow chains are advisable although the routes are cleared regularly and you should get in without. Try www.halfords.com for your 6 piece winter essential kit!
Snow Chains provides everything you need along with chains which are also a legal requirement in snowy conditions.
Travel by Train
There are a couple of options when travelling by train:
- On Saturdays you are able to take the train direct from London St Pancras to Moutiers. This leaves around 10am and arrives in Moutiers at a civilized 5pm, only 25 minutes from Meribel.
- On Friday evening you are able to take the night train from London St Pancras to Moutiers. This not only arrives early on Saturday morning to give you an extra days skiing.
Do try the following for enquiries and ticket purchase:
- Eurostar +44 (0) 8432 186 186 www.eurostar.com
- Rail Bookers +44 (0) 8444 821 020 www.railbookers.com
- Rail Europe +44 (0) 8448 484 064 www.raileurope.com
Alternatively you can use the Snow Carbon Journey Planner to help you plan your journey by train.
Unlike rail company websites, the Snowcarbon Journey Planner:
- shows journey schedules up to one year in advance
- makes it easy for skiers to view and compare journey options, with optional date filtering
- gives a summary of transfer times from station to resort, with links to train guides and how to change in Paris easily
Check out the journey planner here for Meribel